Career coaching for academic staff
Academia can be a hectic, competitive and lonely workplace. Many highly qualified and exceptionally motivated staff are all too easily burnt out by the demands of an increasingly hostile work environment and the common management philosophy of having to achieve more with fewer resources and support. High challenge and low support is a recipe for burn-out and demotivation. In a world in which intelligence and intellect are supposedly the most important currencies, it is sometimes difficult to recognise that self-awareness and practical skills might make the difference between success and failure.
- Do you find it difficult to balance the demands of teaching, research and administration?
- Are departmental politics getting you down?
- Are you finding it difficult to write papers and grant proposals or publish articles?
- Do you like your job but can't cope with the day-to-day stress?
- Do you suffer from writer's block?
- Do you think the speed of change has spiralled out of proportion?
- Do you think the work/life balance is totally out of your reach?
- Do you think your time-management skills are good, but you still can't get through the work?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, then please email us asking for the free guide called “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Academics”. It will show you how to overcome these challenges and start enjoying your work again.